Associate Project Manager-Thousand Oaks
Regional Property Manager
Many Mansions is a non-profit affordable housing developer and property manager based in Ventura County whose mission is to provide safe, well-managed affordable housing with on-site life enriching services. Operating since 1979, Many Mansions is the leading provider of affordable housing in Ventura County. Many Mansions currently owns, operates, and/or manages 20 multifamily affordable housing complexes in Ventura County. Many Mansions is currently experiencing rapid growth via new partnerships, an expansion into Los Angeles County, and third-party property management. As such, we are seeking a Housing Development Coordinator that will help build on this recent success and propel this organization forward. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of an innovative team and to help build a top tier housing development organization. For more information about Many Mansions see our website at www.manymansions.org.
The Associate Project Manager performs a wide-range of duties in Many Mansions’ affordable housing development program. The Associate Project Manager’s primary duty is to help develop new affordable housing projects (new construction and acquisition/rehabilitation) under the direction and supervision of the Director of Housing Development.
II. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
No. Essential Duty or Responsibility
- Helping identify and assessing the feasibility (e.g. due diligence, financing, design, land use, sustainability, and construction or rehabilitation) of new affordable housing projects
- Helping to develop project budgets, including ‘sources and uses’
- Helping to assemble the project team, including design, engineering, legal and other professionals and consultants
- Working with lenders, investors, title officers, attorneys, and other consultants during all phases of the development
- Coordinating and working with the architectural and engineering consultants and contractors; attending site meetings; helping maintain the construction budget and processing funding draws in order to ensure timely, cost effective and quality construction
- Collaborating with other Many Mansions Divisions and staff to help transition from the construction to property operations phase
- Researching and compiling information for community groups and residents, city staff, and any other interested parties regarding Many Mansions, housing development, and our proposed projects
- Communicating with the Director of Housing Development regarding the status of projects
- Other duties as assigned.
III. Qualifications & Conditions:
Possesses excellent communications skills, including but not limited to, the ability—
- To speak and write clearly, meaningfully, and persuasively;
- To speak, listen, and respond effectively with and among staff, agencies, residents, donors, lenders, investors, partners, and community members; and
- To give presentations and speak effectively before groups and organizations.
Has proficiency in computer and computer applications, including Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project) and Internet resources.
Driving is required for this position.
Education, Experience, & Certifications
Bachelor’s degree in real estate, architecture, urban planning, business, public administration, or a related field. -Experience in real estate development, in particular affordable housing development, is highly desirable. -Affordable housing, real estate, construction, or other related certifications/licenses highly desirable.
Leadership & Other Skills
Has a demonstrated ability to work well with others and provide leadership. Must be self-motivated, creative, and have ability to set priorities independently. Must be able to adhere to all company policies and procedures, in addition to all State, federal and local laws and regulations.
Mathematical & Reasoning Skills
Possesses excellent mathematical and reasoning skills. This includes, but is not limited to, the ability to perform moderately complex mathematical skills (e.g. real estate finance calculations), the ability to resolve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited information exists, and the ability to interpret data and/or instructions.
While performing the duties of this job, the staff member is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools and/or controls, talk and hear. The staff member is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach using feet, legs, back, arms and hands. The staff member must be able to lift and/or move up to 20-40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
This job position has a moderate to high stress work environment.
The work environment may have frequent interruptions, time constraints, and emotional demands. Noise level is low to moderate. The corporate culture is friendly and goal oriented. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a staff member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. There must be willingness and an ability to work nights and weekends, as needed.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience and education. Benefits include but are not limited to paid vacation and leave; medical, dental, and other health benefits; and the ability to participate in our 403(b) plan.
V. Application Process
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
Attn: Jill Kramer
MANY MANSIONS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination because of age, race, sex, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, or mental or physical disability.